Tuesday, February 19, 2013

$50 for my 50th !!



Are you ready to celebrate ??
 
Ready for a party ?
 
Ready to make it the best 50th ever ??

 
 
Yes, despite my best efforts at denial, I will be turning the big 5-0 on June 30th this year.  It's weird - I don't FEEL like I should be 50, so how can I possibly be ?  There is definitely something wrong somewhere !!
 
We were planning on heading back to Disney World this year, and that was going to be my big birthday celebration. However, we decided to put that off for another year, for one reason or another. SO - what to do for my birthday ?
 
I don't NEED anything, so no reason to ask for extravagant gifts.
 
I'm really not a big fan of parties - those years are long past !
 
We already decided against the big vacation.
 
So what to do ?
 
Well, after thinking for a few seconds, I came up with what I thought was a monumentally brilliant idea !!
 
A fundraiser for the older kids, in celebration of my 50 years !!
 
 
 
I'm turning 50, so let's think about $50
 
If I ask people to pledge $50, that seems a bit much
 
BUT
 
How long until my birthday ? 
 
We need to finish with February, then we have March, April, May and June.
 
FIVE months.
 
$50 divided by 5 = $10 per month
 
Now THAT is doable by most people I know !!
 
 


 
So - this is how it will work.
 
YOU pledge $10 per month
 
 During the last week of each of the months of February, March, April, May and June, you write a check for $10 (written to Reece's Rainbow), and mail it to me.

I'll even send out a reminder each month !
 
On my birthday, I gather all of the checks that have been sent to me over the past 5 months, and get to choose which of the older children to donate them to.
 
I just can't imagine a better gift than that !!!!
 
Would you like to participate ?
 
Would you like to help me celebrate AND help grow some of those older kids grants ??
 
Wouldn't it be just wonderful to get a whole bunch of them over that $100 wall !
 
I'm not going to set a fundraising goal - that's far too scary.
 
It WOULD be great to get 50 people involved !!
 
Maybe I could even help 50 children !!
 
I'm pretty excited about this.
 
How about you ?
 


PLEASE - if you would like to participate - leave a comment below with your e-mail address - or message me on Facebook - or e-mail me at Britgirlus@aol.com
 
I SO want to make this a wonderful success, and raise lots of money for the older kids of Reece's Rainbow !!!!
 
HERE is a link to the names of the children who will benefit from your generosity - we are trying to help ALL of the children reach the $100 mark in their grants !!
 
This is going to be the best 50th birthday I've ever had !!!
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete