Sunday, November 1, 2015

Vitaly's gift

 

Here we go again !!  It's THAT time of the year - time for me to yell and shout and scream and jump up and down and yell until I'm hoarse.  Time for me to bug the heck out of my nearest and dearest, and blow up everyone's Facebook feeds with my posts.  Time for me to take to Twitter and Instagram, and try and figure out how they work.  Time for me to sell all of my belongings, and spend many an hour coming up with fundraising ideas.
 
Yes, it's time for the Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree  !!!!
 
 
 
If you've been hiding under a rock, or are new to Reece's Rainbow, here's a quick refresher.
 
Reece's Rainbow is an organization that advocates and raises adoption grants for orphans around the world - children with special needs, who live in orphanages and institutions.
 
Every year, during the months of November and December, Reece's Rainbow hold their Angel Tree fundraiser.  Every child on the Angel Tree has their very own Christmas Warrior. Their goal ? To raise $1000 for their child's adoption grant AND to raise awareness - to get their child SEEN by as many people as possible, in the hopes that a family will see them and step up to adopt them. Simple !!
 
I have been a Christmas Warrior for a few years, now
Sadly, none of the children I have been a warrior for have been adopted yet - but that won't stop me - I know it will happen eventually.
 
Buddy was my first Angel Tree child - that's him in the photo we're holding.
 
 
That year, my son Nathaniel and I promised to shave our heads - Nathaniel when Buddy's Angel Tree grant reached $500, me when his grant reached $1000 - as you can see, we made the goal !!
 
Buddy
9buddy2001
 
Sadly, Buddy lives in a country in Eastern Europe that no longer allows adoptions to the USA, so he no longer has an adoption grant with Reece's Rainbow.  His grant was gifted to another waiting child, in a different Eastern European country - Adam, who is 14 years old, and still looking for a family.
 
Adam
Adam 2014_2
 
 
The following year I had two Angel Tree boys - Davian and Marlowe.
 
30520132730       Marlowe (1)
 
I promised to get my first (and last) ever tattoo if their grants reached the $1000 mark - an angel wing fashioned after the Reece's Rainbow logo !!
 
 
 
Last year, I didn't make any promises when I was once again warrior for Davian - but, yet again, his Angel Tree grant somehow made it to the $1000 mark.
He currently has over $10,000 in his adoption grant, but he is still waiting for a family - are YOU his mom or dad ????
 
Marlowe IS on the Angel Tree again this year, but I am not his Warrior this year.
 
Instead, I again have TWO boys to shout for.
 
The first is Seton, who is 5 years old and blessed with an extra chromosome - and we have TWO photos of him !!
 
Seton (2) Seton
 
 
He currently lives in a foster home in the grounds of an orphanage. According to his profile, he is bright and has a ready smile. Seton likes to communicate with others and is sharing and happy while playing with other children. He understands and follows directions well. Seton likes children’s songs, playing outside, drawing, imitating, and playing with blocks and balls. He sounds like he would fit perfectly in just about any family !!
 
My second Angel Tree child this year is Sealey, who just turned 11 years old this past week. Sealey has cerebral palsy, and truly needs a family to help him become the best he can be. Sealey needs out of the orphanage he lives in, where chances are he receives no education, therapies, hugs or love. He most probably spends his days laying in a crib, or, if he's lucky, sitting in a chair.  This photo is a few years old, but I doubt that he has grown much since then. 
 
 
Sealey currently has $1253.20 in his adoption grant.
Earlier this year, his grant stood at just $145.20.
One day, I noticed his grant had grown, and wondered how that had happened.
I found out that another precious youngster's grant had been gifted to Sealey.
 
This is Vitaly, a few years ago.
 
Vitaly also lived in an orphanage in Eastern Europe.
Vitaly also had cerebral palsy.
Vitaly was roughly the same age as Sealey.
These were the last photos we saw of Vitaly.
 
Vitaly1  Vitaly2
 
Ten year old Vitaly passed away before he could be adopted.
Look at the photos - look at his arms, his face, his body.
Vitaly died alone, unloved.
 
He was just one of many many children who die every year in orphanages and institutions around the world.
 
Please, don't let Sealey become another Vitaly.
Please help grow Sealey's adoption grant -please share him and Seton - please get them seen so they can find a family.
 
If not you -then who ??
 
I will be having several fundraisers for Sealey and Seton.
if you're on Facebook, please go and "like" my page, "Smiles for Sealey, and Seton, too" - it will be the most up to date place to find information.
 
Also, head out to THIS Facebook page, to find out how I use my love for my son, soccer, and orphans to raise money !!
 
Lastly, for now, I am also selling Angels for the boys.
These angels are about 7" tall, and made of a light cardboard.
They are a wonderful little craft for children of all ages !!
 
They are Magic Color Scratch Angel Ornaments.
You make this angel's gown colorful! Just scratch designs onto her dress with a scratching tool then hang these Magic Color Scratch Angel Ornaments on a Christmas tree or use them as creative gift tags !
These would be great for your own kids, or buy a few for their Sunday School, daycare, school, Christmas party or a family gathering.  They are quick and easy, and oh so colorful !
 
 
Each Angel is just $1, with a minimum order of 5 (to offset crazy Paypal fees). Shipping is FREE, each angel will have a ribbon, and for every 2 angels ordered, you will receive a scratching tool.
To order - please make payment to either Sealey or Seton's Angel Tree fund - you can click on their name, or on their photos on the sidebar above.
Then, send your receipt to me at Britgirlus@aol.com , at the same time letting me know your correct mailing address and how many Angels you would like, and I'll ship them to you as soon as possible. 
Remember - any payments made directly to the boys grants are tax deductible - AND if you donate $35 or more, you will receive a beautiful Christmas ornament, sent to you directly from Reece's Rainbow !!
 
 
Please help in any way you can.  These boys - and ALL the children of Reece's Rainbow - need you more than you can ever possibly imagine. Without people who care, without advocates to share them, without donors to raise their grants, and without families to step up to adopt - without LOVE - these children's stories could all end like Vitaly's.
 
Please don't let Vitaly be forgotten - please help another child, in his name.
 
Vitaly1
 
Thank you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment